Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Wedding Budget

The day after the proposal.....

Me: "Pwede ba'ng 250k lang ang budget?"


Our two best friends, Rex and Engel, laughed at me the minute I said those words. Yes, I said I was browsing through wedding ideas, venues, etc., but didn't bother looking at the rates.

After a month of doing some research and inquiries, I finally gave in to the fact that a 250k wedding budget would be almost impossible, not with the suppliers we have in mind.

Engel promised to take care of my wedding dress, though. And Rex would be sponsoring Jayron's (my husband-to-be!) suit. One of our friends, Mikko, who is currently studying culinary arts in Australia, said he'll do our wedding cake (music-themed, since h2b and I are both musicians). And then my cousin said he will take care of the bridal car.

We will still try to make the 250k budget work for 150 guests. But in case we really need to stretch the budget, definitely we won't go beyond 300k. We want the wedding to be simple, and we don't want to spend too much for a one-day event.There are more important things to save for....